Do you ever think, I’m gonna be alone forever?? Yeah, me too. It’s a scary thought. Clearly we are not actually alone because we have people that love us, blah blah blah. BUT being loved and with someone that you are romantically involved with is obviously different than a friend. Of course there is also all the stressful thinking and the whole wanting to vomit, freak out feeling of being in a relationship…especially a new one.
So yeah, sometimes I do think, okay, maybe I’m going to die alone. Like maybe I won’t ever be married or in love again. That is a scary thought for me because I won’t those things but it’s also nice not to have to worry about all the aforementioned sick feelings and such. So this is why this post will actually be about the benefits of being single!!!
- You don’t have to cook.
- I enjoy cooking most of the time but I am exhausted when i get home from work and couldn’t imagine having to cook for a husband and/or family. Because I’m single I don’t have to feel the pressure of feeling like a better/good/nice wife.
- You don’t have to ask permission.
- When I want to go on a trip or want to go out for a night I don’t have to check with someone else to see if “we” have plans or something. I can do what I want when I want.
- You don’t have to shower if you don’t feel like it.
- Now I am not saying that being married means you have to shower 24/7 but for someone that already showers regularly, if I want to spend days inside and not shower I can. I am not going to be canoodling or whatever with someone. Only I will have to put up with my stank.
- You can buy what you want.
- Just like I can do what I want when I want, I can also buy what I want, when I want it…budget permitting.
- Girly decor.
- Because I don’t live with a man I get to choose all of the things that I want in my house. It all belongs just to me.
- Free time.
- I have the ability to use my time however I like.
- Figuring out who I am.
- Because I am single at an “older” age, I have the privilege (or curse it feels like at times) to figure out who I am before I enter a marriage.
- I think there is a different confidence that comes with a woman that has lived alone and supports themselves. It’s a different type of independence.
I am sure there are a million other benefits of being single and I will probably think of them after I post this but oh well. There is also another side of these benefits that also feel like downsides. I am not saying that one is better than the other, I’m just trying to figure out how to create a life where I am doing single well. It’s a struggle and I am continually learning.
If you have any other benefits comment below! 🙂